Class & Number: 1802 Name: 강지아 (Kang Ji Ah)
Title : Tuesdays with Morre
Publisher & Year : 세종서적 & 1997
Vocabularies :
①insidious is unpleasant of dangerous and dewelops gradually without being noticed.
②If someone looks gaunt, they look very thin, usually because they have been very ill or worried.
③cue up - queue up
④If something atrophy, dwindle, it becomes smaller, weaker, or less in number.
⑤If someone bellows, they shout angrily in a loud, deep voice.
⑥If you say that something is imminent, especially something unpleasant, you mean it is almost certain to happen very soon.
⑦Opiates are used to reduce pain or to help peaple to sleep.
⑧If you fret about something, you worry about it.
⑨If you are squeamish, you are easily upset by unpleasant sights or situations.
⑩A patriarch is the male head of a family or tribe.
Reflection
I got the homework reading a book: 'Tuesdays with Morrie' during the summer vacation. This book is a story about Morrie who is a popluar professor of Brandeis University and Mitch who is Morrie's the last student.
Morrie Schwartz was humorous and loved students, music, and dancing. He enjoyed his life a lot. One day, a misfortune came to him. He was diagnosed amyotrophic lateral sclerosis(ALS), Lou Gehrig's disease. This disease make people paralyze from the legs. Finally, the whole body couldn't move a little bit and feel the pain, and then he meet the death. Mitch Albom expected much from Morrie during his university life. He talked about many subjects with Morrie and promised to keep in touch with Morrie after the graduation. But he didn't. He wanted to be a musician. Otherwise his wish, the world didn't allow for him to be a musician. He always read a help-wanted advertisement. One day, he had a chance to think about the death. His uncle had taught to him music, how to drive and always tease about his girlfriends. Such a man died in a young age due to pancreaticcancer. After then, Mitch's life changed. He studied and worked very hard, and finally became a sports writer. Then, he gradually missed Morrie in his mind. In that way, Morrie and Mitch lived their own life, differently. One day, Mitch watched the TV and heard Morrie had ALS and decided to visit his house. And then, Morrie's the last class started with Mitch on Tuesdays. The main topic was life. Every Tuesday, they talked about 'Death, Family, Emotions, Money …… and so on.' They loved sincerely and made effects on each life. They recorded their 14 classes through the recorder. After Morrie passed away, Mitch wrote this book as their plan.
Actually, I felt boring at the first of the book. I thought it wasn't different from other books story about life that we could find easily at the bookstore. However, I realized it was my faults. I could get more than meaning of life. First, it was a real story, so I was moved. At the end of the book, my eyes was filled with tears. Second, it had humanity. Through this book, I could think about my parents, relatives, friends, and teacher. I thought Mitch was a real lucky man. Indeed, how many people could meet a real teacher in their life? Of course, there are so many great teacher, but it is difficult to talk and love like them. Lastly, I could think about the death seriously. Actually, I'm too young to think about them, but it lead to me much more valuable life, I believe.
작성자가 댓글을 삭제했습니다.
답글삭제What a good, lengthy piece of work. Fairly impressive!!
답글삭제This book is different from the secret diary of Adrian Mole since the former is non-fiction and the latter is fiction. So it might be easy for Jia to learn her lessons from what Mitch learend from Morrie, his life-long teacher. I am impressed with your speech and your book report. You have been improved a lot when I compare your speech to that of yours from the first semester. Good Job!!!
답글삭제I will comment again.
답글삭제I agree with your idea about 'morrie'.
bye -_-
Oh, Kang director. z
답글삭제Too late, thank you for visiting my blog.
your report was good .
Also, IBS fighting. !
Thank you.
Hi Susung
답글삭제Thank you for your comment.
Bye~
Hello, jia! I'm Wang bang oll.
답글삭제kkkkkkkkkkkk
your book reprot is very good.
I was impressed it.
please visit my blog and leave your comment!
HI!!!!!!!!
답글삭제SUSUNG OR YEOM SANG SUB !!!!!!!!!!
I'M MINJU~
YOUR CUTE GIRL~
YOUR REFLECTION IS A LITTLE SAME AS MINE.
I FELT SOMEWHAT BORING ABOUT THIS BOOK AT FIRST!!
ANYWAY~ I HAVE WAITED FOR PARK HYO SHIN'S SONG WHICH IS IN YOUR MP3 PLAYER. BYE!
It's so cool report!!
답글삭제I'm minjeong!! :D
You got 10 points for your blog management assignment. 10 Points mean "Excellent". You are a good student alwyas.
답글삭제oh hello Kang Jia,
답글삭제your essay is very great
good job