2009년 6월 19일 금요일

Book Report - The Secret Diary Of ADRIAN MOLE aged 13¾


Book Report


Class & Number: 1802 Name: 강지아 (Kang Ji Ah)

Title
The Secret Diary Of ADRIAN MOLE aged 13¾

Author
Sue Townsend

Publisher & Year
도솔 & 1994

Vocabularies
①Just my luck - be unlucky;be unfortunate;be out of luck;have no luck
②fridge - a refrigerator
③A daffodil is a yellow spring flower with a central part shaped like a tube and a long stem.
④If you get vertigo when you look down from a high place, you feel unsteady and sick.
⑤indecent - be shocking and offensive
⑥Anguish is great mental suffering or physical pain.
⑦A kennel is a small building made especially for a dog to sleep in.
⑧A wanton action deliberately causes harm, damage, or waste without having any reason to.
⑨Tonsillitis is a painful swelling of your tonsils caused by an infection.

Reflection

This story is about Adrian Mole aged 13¾ who is growing up and living in puberty. He writes his stories such as his family, friends, neighbor, and his love on his secret diary.

Adrian Mole is 13¾ -year-old British boy who lived with his parents. But relationship of his father and mother was so terrible, finally, they got divorced. His mother left his husband and son for Mr.Lucas who was their neighbor. Adrian became a motherless family. The family got into financial trouble, because of his father's unemployment. He indulged himself in debauchery. However, his mother came back to them ,at the end. Because Mr.Lucas treated her just like a sex object.

His grandma is one of the important people in his life. She helped him when his mother left. His dog sometimes received a lot of love, but sometimes was abandoned.

Pandora is his lover, girl friend. When she came to his school, he falls in love at one sight. Nigel is the best friend, unfortunately, Pandora and Nigel went out with. Adrian felt betrayal, however, at the end, Adrian and Pandora started to went out with during 'Red Sock's campaign.' Barry Kent always bother him at the school.

Bert Baxter is an old person who is another important person to Adrian. He is a little bit rude and dirty, but Adrian always likes him. Because of his unique personality, Bert usually be alone except Sabre. At the last of his life, Queenie appeared his fiance!


Actually, I filled with nervous, when I got this book, however, fortunately, I could read the book with interest. While I read the book, I always thought about my and my friends' 13-15 years old. In my memories, we didn't behave and think like Adrian, and I don't have any experiences serious puberty. So I cannot accept his diary easily. But another side, its content was emotion of love, school life, and fight with parent I felt intimacy at that point. After the final test, having time, I want to read the second book of 'The Secret Diary Of ADRIAN MOLE aged 13¾..'

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기